Green lentil, chickpea and spinach dahl
- 300g green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 400g tin of chickpeas or prepared dried chickpeas
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Vegetable stock, around 400ml
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 bag of spinach washed and shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, then add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Step 2
Add the tomatoes, lentils, stock and chickpeas and stir to combine. Add the spinach one handful at a time until wilted.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until the lentils are cooked. Remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.