Hummus – a delicious spread made from chickpeas, tahini, lemon and spices
Tip: if you are not a fan of tahini leave it out and add more olive oil or replace with our delicious peanut butter
- 250g cooked chickpeas https://loveyourplanet.uk/blogs/ingredients/chickpeas
- Juice of one large lemon
- 60ml tahini
- Clove of garlic
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle of ground paprika to serve
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender like a nutribullet, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more to cream up the tahini.
- Add the olive oil, crushed garlic, cumin and salt to the mixture and blend for a further 30 seconds, scrap the sides and blend for a further minute.
- Add half the chickpeas to the food processer and blend for 1 minute, then scrape the sides down and add the other half of the chickpeas until you get a thick smooth consistency. If the mixture is to thick add a little water at a time until you get the consistency you like.
- Taste for salt.
- To serve drizzle with olive oil and the ground paprika.
You can keep this in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.